Sunday, August 20, 2006





Hmmmm. Blogging my hair peace. Who would have ever imagined? Well, I was born nappy...might as well go out the same. I have done the perms...the press and curl... and Jheri curl.





I have done the corn rows...











Rocked the microbraids...the box braids...Goddess braids...waves, sets and body wraps...










I have even done the waterfalls and upsweeps... Still. No peace.

I just want to lock down and LET IT BE. My first lock session is coming fast. I went for a consultation and now sit here with two test locks amongst a head full of kinky twists. My chosen Sisterlock consultant happens to be a trainee who has been braiding hair for many many years. Same here. I don't recall when I have ever NOT braided someone's hair. I will never forget being a 4 year old and my older cousin Frank in Canton, MS demanding that I "plait" his full grown afro. So, I did. He was very patient with me. I love him for that. Family, friends and strangers alike, I have braided for free and profit, for sheer love and for concern and care of someone in need of some hair assistance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ama Alisa,

Welcome to the locking world!!! I look forward to seeing pictures of your first week Sisterlocked, "you go gurlllll!" I am also looking forward to following your journey.

Grace and Peace
Abena

efflorescent said...

I couldn't find your sisterlock pics, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your decision to wear your hair natural.